6 shops gutted in Satkhira fire

Kalerkantho Online   

3 March, 2018 12:32 PM

6 shops gutted in Satkhira fire

A Symbolic image

A- A A+

At least six shops were gutted as a fire broke out in a shop at Pakapol intersection in the district town early Saturday.

The fire originated from electric short circuit around 2:30am and soon engulfed the adjacent shops.  

On information, two units of firefighters from Satkhira Fire station went to the spot and doused the fire after half an hour effort, said Maruf Ahmed, officer-in-charge of Sadar Police Station, reports UNB.

He said the fire damaged five fruits shops and a cosmetics shop.

The estimated loss would be around Tk 20 lakh, said Shikeh Sabbir Hossain, one of affected shop owners.