A satellite image of the Punggye-ri nuclear test site in North Korea
North Korea says it will begin dismantling its nuclear test site in less than two weeks in a ceremony attended by foreign journalists.
Pyongyang said it was taking "technical measures" to carry out the process between 23-25 May, North Korean state news agency KCNA reported on Saturday.
Scientists previously said the site may have partially collapsed in September.
The move is due to take place three weeks before US President Donald Trump meets North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
In April, South Korean officials said Mr Kim had stated he "would carry out the closing of the nuclear test site in May", adding that nuclear experts from South Korea and the US would be invited to watch.
Their comments came after talks between Mr Kim and South Korea's President Moon Jae-in.
However, there was no mention of allowing foreign experts access to the site in Saturday's statement from North Korea.