Beat the summer heat and take care of your skin with these tips. (Source: Thinkstock Image)
With summer comes the requirement of taking extra care of your skin. From using the right facial oil to staying away from products rich in natural butter, one can make their skin look radiant by following some simple steps. Mohit Narang, a skincare expert with Avon India, lists some tips to follow in summer.
* Facial oils are your new buddies in 2018. It’s that one companion to work in sync throughout all seasons. This product works wonders on all skin types and is easy to apply. A lightweight facial oil in a blend of natural seed oils, in summer, helps recover skin after the harsh winter season.
* Anti-ageing creams: People need to debunk the biggest myth that anti-ageing creams are for those who have developed fine lines and wrinkles. This year people over 25 should adopt a preventive skincare measure in which they use anti-ageing products in pomegranate seeds to prevent such lines to appear in the first place. Not just this, there are some really great seed-based products in Chia and grapeseed available, that protect from UV rays, pollution, dryness, smoke, urban dust etc.
* Increasing popularity of products with benefits of facial care and sun protection: Consumers wear SPF before stepping out of their house and prefer to do so with only one product; SPF has become an important parameter for consumers for brand selection in day skin care products.
Stephanie Schedel, director Training at Malu Wilz, too has some inputs to share:
* One should stay away from products with oils and rich natural butter as they might clog your pores or form a sweaty film on your skin.
* Proper cleansing is very important so that pores do not get clogged with sweat and sebum. Use a cleanser with excellent cleansing actions such as foam cleansers or gels.
* Use a toner with clarifying and cooling ingredients such as neem oil and aloe vera to refresh your skin and to bring it back to balance. Men can use the toner instead of an aftershave and use a light cooling gel as final care.
* Puffiness under the eyes is a typical skincare concern for summer time. Put tea bags in your fridge and place them on your eyelids in the morning for an immediate decongestant effect. Follow by a light gel which moisturises the skin without leaving any oily residues. Aloe Vera, Panthenol and allantoin are great ingredients for eye products in summers because of their moisturising and soothing effect.
Source: Indian Express