The ruling party, Awami League (AL), has unveiled its electoral manifesto for the 11th national election slated to be held on December 30.
AL President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has declared the 21-point manifesto in the city’s Sonargaon Hotel around 10:45am on Tuesday (today).
The 21-pledge follows:
1. My village, my town: expansion of modern urban amenities in rural areas
2. The strength of youths, Prosperity of Bangladesh: the transformation of young people into skilled manpower and ensuring their employment
3. Adopting zero tolerance policy against corruption
4. Women empowerment, gender equity and children’s welfare
5. Ensuring nutrition and safe food
6. Elimination of terrorism –communalism-militancy
7. Quick and quality implementation of all mega projects
8. Strengthening democracy and rule of law
9. Poverty alleviation
10.Increasing standard of education at all levels
11.Ensuring quality health services for all
12.Enhanced use of digital technology for overall development
13.Ensuring power and energy safety
14.Modern agricultural system-mechanization
15.Skilled and service oriented public administration
16.People’s friendly law enforcement agencies
17.Blue economy and marine resources development
18.Ensuring road safety
19.Welfare for the senior citizen, disabled and autistic people
20.Sustainable and inclusive development, prosperous Bangladesh
21. Increasing public and private investments.