This might come as a shock, but most of you have been charging the phones and tablets the wrong way.
You must have heard or read on WhatsApp about the phone on overnight charging blowing up, causing injuries to the user while the person was asleep. Well, the overnight charging wouldn't do that to your phone, but it is also not recommended, according to the findings of Cadax, a company that offers devices that test smartphone and other batteries.
According to Battery University, which the company runs for free, your phone needs to be charged in short bursts and that too, frequently, if you want a good overall battery life. It doesn't matter if you only charge up to 10 percent or 20 percent. The company says "partial charges cause no harm."
Also, if you want to lessen the wear and tear to your battery, do not hit the red zone, which is 15 percent in most of the phones. Try to keep the device between 65 percent and 75 percent — the sweet spot.
Many of you might be thinking that "hey, I don't have a desk job. I won't be around a wall socket all the time." Well in that case, lay your hands on a power bank. The experts have also recommended that never ever charge your battery fully.
Try to keep it around 95 and you are good to go. The company says that today's modern lithium-ion batteries do "not need to be fully charged, nor is it desirable to do so. The website states, "in fact, it is better not to fully charge because a high voltage stresses the battery."
And now, the last point, which may confuse you.
"You don't need to remove the charger when it's full"
What? 'I just read something on the contrary.' Well, yes you are right. But, if it happens that you have left your phone on charging and it has hit the cent percent mark, then the charger will automatically turn off.
Still, it is recommended that you avoid leaving your phone on overnight charging, hitting the 100 percent mark and inculcate the habit of juicing up the device frequently and in small doses.